We are moving right along with my toy-based show and tell series and today I’m sharing my list of 42 toys that start with D.
A lot of preschool programs do a letter of the week show and tell activity I’m sharing this in the hopes that it can help some of you moms and dads of preschoolers out there who might be struggling to come up with something to bring to show and tell.
In my show and tell posts I included anything that I could think of that a family might have on hand for a child to take in for show and tell but I know that sometimes the assignment is just limited to toys that start with the letter of the week.
So I’m making a new series that’s all toys and I’m challenging myself to come up with even more toys than were on my original lists. I have gone through my kids’ toys, thought about their cousins’ and friends’ toys, and even walked the toy aisle scouring for ideas.
If you have some more toy ideas to add to the list please let me know in the comments below! I’m probably missing something totally obvious!
- If you get stuck try to think of some names of characters from shows, movies, or books that you might have a toy of… dolls, action figures, stuffed animals, etc.
- If you’re looking at this list for ideas for a weekly toy-focused show and tell then set an alarm for the night before to remind you about it. This way you’re not scrambling the morning of looking for something.
- If you have some time one day then go ahead and figure out some ideas for show and tell for a few letters and jot them down. Future you will love this!
Toys that Start with D
- duck (my kids love Ducktales and have these)
- donut (like from this cute little play food sweet set)
- doctor kit
- dollar (grab one from a play money set or a toy cash register)
- dime (grab one from a play money set or a toy cash register)
- Doc McStuffins
- Donald Duck
- Daisy Duck
- Dale (from Chip and Dale)
- Dora the Explorer
- Daniel Tiger
- dumpling (from a play food set)
- Dash (from The Incredibles)
- Danger Mouse
- Diego (from Dora the Explorer)
- Dory (from Finding Nemo and Finding Dory)
- Daffy Duck
- diaper (from a doll set)
- dish (from a play kitchen set)
- danish (from a play food set)
- Dinosaur Train toys
- Dogman books
- Don’t Wake Daddy board game
- Don’t Break the Ice
- Drac (from Super Monsters)
- Dug (from Up)