My baby is almost 2! I don’t know how time goes by so quickly. Two years ago the most amazing, peaceful little soul came into our lives and ever since then he has just radiated joy. I’ve been contemplating what to give him and I decided to compile a list of the best gifts for 2 year old boy just in case some of you might find yourselves in the same boat, searching for the perfect gift for the favorite 2 year old in your life. It’s a combo of things we own and things we want to get him but it’s all stuff we know boys his age love.
I’ve broken my gift guide into my 5 favorite categories and I stuck to boys because that’s all I know. So here are my picks for the Best Gifts for 2 Year Old Boy:
1. Fisher Price Classic Record Player Our son loves music so we have a lot of musical toys around here, including this classic.
2.B. Parum Pum Pum Drum We gave this music set to our older son when he was about a year old and both of our sons love to pull the instruments out when we have our little dance parties.
3.Sing the Bible with Slugs & Bugs Cd I appreciate this CD on 3 levels-
- It teaches Scripture to our sons.
- Musically I can actually stand to listen to it.
- My boys sing along with this every single time.
4. Sing-A-Longs & Lullabies for the Film Curious George Both of my sons adore Curious George and I adore Jack Johnson so this is a win-win.
5.B. Meowsic Keyboard We call this the “kitty keyboard”. The Birthday boy will sit and play at the keyboard for long spans and just loves it.
6.Fisher Price Classic TV Radio He loves music so much that he enjoys carrying around his own little radio. This actually helps him be more willing to lay down for diaper changes. He’s constantly on the run but this little distraction helps him stop for a moment.
7.Coal Train Railroad CD We got this one from the library recently and it’s one that we need to add to our collection pronto.
8.LeapFrog Poppin’ Play Piano We don’t have this one but it looks like fun.
9.Little Tikes Jungle Jamboree 2-in-1 Piano/Xylophone We gave him this one for Easter and he loves it just as much as his keyboard. What kid doesn’t love being able to bang things.
1. Hape – Playfully Delicious – Gourmet Kitchen in White I made a play kitchen for our sons but if you don’t have the time to make one I like this option. Our boys play with their kitchen almost every day.
2. Melissa & Doug Let’s Play House! Dust, Sweep and Mop My sons love to help clean up. They stink at the actual execution of it but I want to encourage the servant spirit in them so I got them their own mini versions of brooms and dust pans.
3. Melissa & Doug Top This! Role Play Hats, S actually loves to wear hats and I keep a box of hats and dress up clothes ready for playing in the basement.
4.Learning Resources Pretend & Play Doctor Set Thanks to Doc McStuffins the boys enjoy playing doctor and giving all of us check ups.
5.Little Tikes Cozy Shopping Cart Red/Yellow In the real grocery store the boys hope and pray that we get the cart with the coupe attached. They enjoy the fact that at home they are guaranteed one that they can push their groceries and a stuffed animal around in.
6.ALEX Toys Craft Color a House Children’s Kit My mom bought one of these for a friend’s kids and their boys loved it. Who doesn’t want to decorate their own house where they get to color on the walls.
7.Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn: Learning Piggy Bank S loves to count and play with money. I like this bank for him because I can let him play with it on his own without worrying he will swallow any money. Plus the pig’s kinda cute.
8.Little Tikes Tough Workshop My parents have a ridiculous Elmo workshop that she got at a yard sale and it’s so much fun for S. I couldn’t find that one but this one is nice too.
1. Step2 LLC All-Star Sports Climber My mom gave the boys this and S plays on it every single day.
2. Little Tikes EasyScore Basketball Set Suddenly S has a huge desire to shoot hoops. We’ve played with him on the big hoop but lifting a 30 pound 2 year old above your head to shoot is a little tiring. This little hoop is perfect for him.
3.Little Tikes Gas ‘n Go Mower Toy We have the old bubble version of this mower and the bubbles never worked well. S still loves to push it around but this version seems better.
4. Mickey Ride on Toy A has a big boy bike now and S wants more than anything to be just like him so a scoot-around toy is a perfect fit for him.
5.Little Tikes Spiralin’ Seas Waterpark Play Table We rescued one of these out of a neighbor’s trash. One of the toys is broken off but after a wash down it looks and works great. S loves to go at it with a couple of scoops and measuring cups and splash around a while.
6.Hape – Sand & Sun – Watering Can He loves to follow one of us around with his own little watering can and water plants.
7.Little Tikes Easy Score Soccer Set When all else fails, give the kid a ball. We have this net and I think it helps give us a little focus and something to aim for.
8. Melissa & Doug Sunny Patch Verdie Chameleon Beanbag Toss My boys have experienced a few games of corn hole at parties this summer and I think they would love to have this since it’s similar.
9. Little Tikes Cozy Coupe 30th Anniversary Car Hands down this is S’s favorite toy. He loves to cruise around in his car.
1.Bear and FriendsThe Bear Snores On is one of our favorites of all time. It’s so melodic and such a fun story. I love this set of 3 Bear books.
2.Little Blue Truck S like many boys loves trucks and I love what this book has to say about manners.
3.Hush Little Polar Bear This is one of my favorite bedtime books. My sister gave it to S with a sweet little polar bear for Christmas and he grabs it off of the shelf quite often.
4.Where Is Baby’s Belly Button? Oh, Karen Katz, the slayer of babies and toddlers. They are drawn to her books like flies to honey.
5.Sesame Street Elmo at the Zoo My older son did not ever really take to Sesame Street. S, on the other hand loves Elmo and animals so this one is popular too.
6.Thomas and Friends: My Red Railway Book Box My mom got S this set of rhyming Thomas books for Easter and he adores them.
7.GOOD NIGHT, GORILLA This is a definite must for kids who love animals.
8.Read with Me Bible for Toddlers I am going to have A pass this on to S for his Birthday. It’s an awesome Bible for toddlers. The stories are the perfect length and the pictures are engaging.
9.Goodnight Moon Classic, classic, classic. S can’t seem to get enough of this lately.
1. Melissa & Doug Deluxe Latches Board We once owned this and loved it. Sadly, we lost it somewhere. I think we left it in a restaurant. We mourn that day. This kept our older son, A very busy while eating out around this age. I’m tempted to get another one for S.
2. Melissa & Doug Jumbo Paint Brushes S wants to paint and color all the time now. I like these big brushed for his age group.
3. Disney Mickey Mouse: Fly N Slide Clubhouse S loves the mouse. I think he’s really love to have his own clubhouse to play with.
4.Melissa & Doug Monster Plush Bowling Game My brother gave the boys a bowling set at Christmas and it was the hit of the morning. I think there’s something about telling them they are allowed to knock something down.
5. pipSquigz Our local art museum has these in the children’s area and they are so much fun! I think they would be very hand to have on hand when eating out with your kids as they can stick to the table.
6.Green Toys Ferry Boat with Mini Cars Bathtub Toy, Blue/White Boats + cars= huge success.
7.LeapFrog Letter Discoveries A picked this out to give to S. I like toys like this for in the car.
8.Melissa & Doug Deluxe Wooden Railway Set We actually have Thomas wooden trains which both of my sons love but they are pricey and they are becoming harder and harder to find. We have this Melissa and Doug set at our church and I think it’s very nice for a lot less money.
9.Playskool Wheel Pals Cushy Cruiser Fire Engine S loves to push around trucks and I know this one is a bit older because we got it from a yard sale but it’s perfect because it’s cushy and so when he falls while pushing it around he doesn’t bonk his head as hard as he does on his other trucks.
Anyone else have a 2 year old out there? Any toys or books that you think should be on this list of best gifts for 2 year old boy?
Need more ideas? Check out my guide for 3 year old boys.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Let me know if you have any ideas to add to this list of the Best Gifts for 2 Year Old Boy. I’m linking up with: