Every year my mom asks me to email her a list of ideas for my sons with links to each one. Since I compile lists for her anyway I thought I’d share them with you all as well. Maybe it will help some of you out there, especially grandmas and other family members who might need ideas for the little boys in your lives.
Now, I’m sharing ideas for a 6 year old boy because I have one. I’m sure that many little girls would like items on this list too and that boys of other ages might like these things too. I’m simply gearing it toward 6 year old boys because these are all items on his list or things that he already has and loves.
- Imaginext Transforming Batmobile– My boys both love to play with Imaginext. We have several of the playsets and quite a few batman ones. My mom actually suggested this for this year and I know it’s something they would love.
- Mario Maker 2– I love how creative this Nintendo Switch Game is! They get to create their own Mario levels and then play them. The boys are super excited about this one.
- Paw Patrol Mighty Pups Zuma’s Deluxe Vehicle– My 6 year old really loves dogs and the Paw Patrol still holds a very special place in his heart. He was super interested in this one in the store so I think he’ll be excited to get it for Christmas.
- Imagine Ink Paw Patrol Drawing Pad– These pads are fantastic and really hold my son’s attention when on a long trip or while waiting at appointments. They’re small and perfect for on the go. They have all kinds of characters and so no matter what your child is into they will probably have a coloring pad for that character.
- Trouble– My son cannot get enough of games lately! I love these early elementary years when they can play games that are a little more interesting than Candy Land.
- UNO– Another game that we play a lot lately and that I highly recommend for kids this age!
- Plasma car– My 6 year old adores riding his plasma car up and down the driveway. It’s fantastic for getting a bunch of energy out and working on coordination and motor skills.
- The Drawing Books for Kids– We watch a few youtube channels that teach kids how to draw step by step but this is something that is great for when we not at home or I’m busy and can’t sit with him while he’s watching.
- Kinetic Sand- Both of my boys love playing with kinetic sand so I recommend it to anyone! Get a tray that they can play with the sand on so that it’s not everywhere.
- Lego Police Airport- You can never go wrong with Lego bricks in my opinion. Every child I know adores Legos.
- Hot Wheels Criss Cross Crash– Hot wheels are another classic toy that are just so much fun for this age. There are so many sets to choose from but our little guy put this one on his list.
- The Pigeon Wants a Puppy– Our son loves the Pigeon books and dogs so this was a no-brainer for him. If your child likes the Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus books then they will probably love this book too.
I hope that this list gave you a few ideas! Please let me know your gift suggestions in the comments below!