Today I’m continuing on with my toy-based show and tell series and I’m sharing my list of 60 toys that start with S.
A lot of preschool programs do a letter of the week show and tell activity and I’m sharing this in the hopes that it can help some of you moms and dads of preschoolers out there who might be struggling to come up with something to bring to show and tell.
In my show and tell posts I included anything that I could think of that a family might have on hand for a child to take in for show and tell but I know that sometimes the assignment is just limited to toys that start with the letter of the week.
So I’m making a new series that’s all toys and I’m challenging myself to come up with even more toys than were on my original lists. I have gone through my kids’ toys, thought about their cousins’ and friends’ toys, and even walked the toy aisle scouring for ideas.
If you have some more toy ideas to add to the list please let me know in the comments below! I’m probably missing something totally obvious!
- If you get stuck try to think of some names of characters from shows, movies, or books that you might have a toy of… dolls, action figures, stuffed animals, etc.
- If you’re looking at this list for ideas for a weekly toy-focused show and tell then set an alarm for the night before to remind you about it. This way you’re not scrambling the morning of looking for something.
- If you have some time one day then go ahead and figure out some ideas for show and tell for a few letters and jot them down. Future you will love this!
Toys that Start with S
- super hero (think if you have any Marvel or DC ones or Super Why, PJ Masks, etc.)
- sea lion
- sea star
- soccer ball
- Sponge Bob
- Sofia (from Sophia the First)
- Snow White
- Sleeping Beauty
- Stitch (from Lilo and Stitch)
- Snoopy (from Charlie Brown)
- spoon (from a play food set)
- Smiley Face (like the emoji smiley face plushes)
- sock monkey
- sushi play food set
- shrimp (from play food set)
- salad play food set
- strawberries (from a play food fruit set)
- sweet potato (from a play food set)
- Santa Claus
- seven from a wooden number puzzle
- sippy cup from a baby doll feeding set
- school bus
- Slinky Dog from Toy Story
- soup from a play food set
- spaghetti from a play food set
- Sven from Frozen
- baby Shark
- Skye from Paw Patrol
- Sully from Monsters Inc.
- Scooby Doo
- Sebastian from the Little Mermaid
- Sisu from Raya and the Last Dragon
- Simba from the Lion King
- screwdriver (from a play tool set)
- Sneaky, Snacky Squirrel game
- Secret Life of Pets
- sand (kinetic)
- swiss cheese (from a play food set)
- Stuffy from Doc McStuffins
- Shark Bite
- Spike from Super Monsters