If your child’s preschool does show and tell based on a letter of the week curriculum then you might be struggling some weeks to come up with some ideas. You’re in the right place! Today I’m going to share all about my show and tell letter z ideas.
Yes, I’m gonna go through the alphabet backwards. If you need help with any other letter then head on over to my big post that covers every letter. I covered ideas for letters A to Z but I’m hoping in each of these individual posts to share even more idea and each letter in its’ own post. So let’s get started with Z!
General Show and Tell Tips:
- Look through your kid’s stuffed animals and action figures. Sometimes you can find a character whose name starts with the letter that you need.
- Look through your child’s books. You might find a book with a title that begins with the letter that you need
- When all else fails have your kiddo take in an alphabet block with the letter on it or a an alphabet letter magnet.
- My son once took in a picture that he colored from a coloring book. The picture was of something that started with the letter of the week and he loved showing off his artwork during share time.
And this won’t help you think of anything but this last tip will help keep you out of a bind-
My #1 Show and Tell Tip
Set a reminder on your phone for the night before show and tell.
That way you won’t forget and scramble to find something in your car while you wait in the drop off line for school. Yes, yes that did happen to me. Don’t be me. You’re better than that!
Show and Tell Letter Z Ideas
- Zebra (see if your kiddo has a zebra in a Noah’s ark set or zoo set)
- zoo (something like a zoo playset or zoo book)
- zoo animal (any animal from the zoo: lion, tiger, bear, etc)
- zucchini (check your in your kid’s play food)
- Ziplock (desperate, I know, but most households have them)
- ziti pasta (double points for sending in ziti in a ziplock)
- Zurg (from Toy Story)
- Zazu (from the Lion King)
- Letter Z magnet
- Zane (from Ninjago)