Today I’m continuing on with my series of show and tell posts with my 50 Show and Tell Letter Y ideas. This one is a little trick but hopefully this list helps you come up with something together with your preschooler!
Beyond just giving you letter Y show and tell ideas I wanted to be sure to mention a few show and tell tips that apply for every letter.
If you have a preschooler who does letter of the week show and tell then you’ll probably find this post helpful as some of the weeks are harder than others. If you’re one of my readers who reads mostly for sewing or crafts don’t worry. I promise over the next few weeks that I will be mixing in regular posts with these as I work my way through the alphabet (backwards).
Beyond just giving you letter y show and tell ideas I wanted to be sure to mention a few show and tell tips that apply for every letter.
General Show and Tell Tips
- Look through your kid’s stuffed animals and action figures. Sometimes you can find a character whose name starts with the letter that you need.
- Look through your child’s books. You might find a book with a title that begins with the letter that you need
- When all else fails have your kiddo take in an alphabet block with the letter on it or a an alphabet letter magnet.
- My son once took in a picture that he colored from a coloring book. The picture was of something that started with the letter of the week and he loved showing off his artwork during share time.
And this won’t help you think of anything but this last tip will help keep you out of a bind-
My #1 Show and Tell Tip
Set a reminder on your phone for the night before show and tell.
That way you won’t forget and scramble to find something in your car for Y show and tell while you wait in the drop off line for school. Yes, yes that did happen to me. Don’t be me. You’re better than that!
Show and Tell Letter Y Ideas
- year book (your kids will love looking at old pictures of you!)
- yoga mat
- yoga DVD
- Yogi Bear
- yogurt (check your kid’s play food set for this or send in an empty, cleaned yogurt cup)
- yam (same thing, check the play food for this one)
- Yakisoba noodles
- Yoo Hoo drink
- yard stick
- Yankees (anything related to Yankees baseball… cap, baseball card, etc.)
- Yukon Cornelius (from Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer)
- yeti crab
- Yeti in My Spaghetti
- yeti cup
- Yoda (from Star Wars)
- Baby Yoda
- yellow pages phone book
- yum yum sauce
- Yule log
- yard tools (we have a fun Little Tikes play set with flowers and a little shovel and rake)
- Yzma (from The Emperor’s New Groove)
- Yama (from Big Hero 6)
- Yax (from Zootopia)
- Yosimite Sam
- year (calendar)
- Yo Gabba Gabba toys
- Yu-Gi-Oh! cards or toys
- Yang (from The Pirate Fairy)
- Yao (from Mulan)
- Yuki (from The Lion Guard)
- yellow (bring something yellow!)
- Yamask (from Pokemon)
- Yanma (from Pokemon)
- Yanmega (from Pokemon)
- Yungoos (from Pokemon)
- Yveltal (from Pokemon)
- Yellow Anaconda
- Yellow Bass
- Yorkshire Terrier
- Yellow Tang
Letter Y Video
If you are looking for another letter then I have a whole post full of ideas for each letter of the alphabet.
More Fun with Letter Y
For more fun during Letter Y Show and Tell week you may want to check out this Sesame Street Letter Y video with your kiddo.