We are moving right along with our toy-based show and tell series and now I’m sharing my list of 21 toys that start with Y.
A lot of preschool programs do a letter of the week show and tell activity and I’m sharing this in the hopes that it can help some of you moms and dads of preschoolers out there who might be struggling to come up with something.
In my show and tell posts I included anything that I could think of that a family might have on hand for a child to take in for show and tell but I know that sometimes the assignment is just limited to toys that start with the letter of the week.
So I’m making a new series that’s all toys and I’m challenging myself to come up with even more toys than were on my original lists. I have gone through my kids’ toys, thought about their cousins’ and friends’ toys, and even walked the toy aisle scouring for ideas.
If you have some more toy ideas to add to the list please let me know in the comments below! I’m probably missing something totally obvious!
- If you get stuck try to think of some names of characters from shows, movies, or books that you might have a toy of… dolls, action figures, stuffed animals, etc.
- If you’re looking at this list for ideas for a weekly toy-focused show and tell then set an alarm for the night before to remind you about it. This way you’re not scrambling the morning of looking for something.
- If you have some time one day then go ahead and figure out some ideas for show and tell for a few letters and jot them down. Future you will love this!
Toys that Start with Y
- Yogi Bear
- yogurt (check your kid’s play food set for this one)
- yam (same thing, check the play food for this one)
- Yoshi (from Mario)
- Yukon Cornelius (from Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer)
- Yoda (from Star Wars)
- Baby Yoda
- Yeti in My Spaghetti
- Yzma (from The Emperor’s New Groove)
- Yama (from Big Hero 6)
- Yax (from Zootopia)
- Yosimite Sam
- Yahtzee Jr.
- Yo Gabba Gabba toys
- Yu-Gi-Oh! cards or toys