My show and tell series continues today with my show and tell letter x ideas. X is probably the most difficult of all the letters for a letter of the week show and tell but hopefully this post will help to give you some ideas.
General Show and Tell Tips:
- Look through your kid’s stuffed animals and action figures. Sometimes you can find a character whose name starts with the letter that you need.
- Look through your child’s books. You might find a book with a title that begins with the letter that you need
- When all else fails have your kiddo take in an alphabet block with the letter on it or a an alphabet letter magnet.
- My son once took in a picture that he colored from a coloring book. The picture was of something that started with the letter of the week and he loved showing off his artwork during share time.
And this won’t help you think of anything but this last tip will help keep you out of a bind-
My #1 Show and Tell Tip
Set a reminder or alarm on your phone for the night before show and tell.
That way you won’t forget and scramble to find something in your car while you wait in the drop off line for school. Yes, yes that did happen to me. Don’t be me. You’re better than that!
Show and Tell Letter X
Now typically for letter of the week show and tell you’re supposed to bring in something that begins with the letter of the week but for X sometimes teachers allow any word that has an X in it so I’m going to include two lists- one for words that begin with the letter X and words that have X in them.
Words that Begin with X:
- X-ray (we have a toy one that came with our Critter Clinic)
- pirate map with X to mark the spot for the treasure (you could draw this with your child)
- X cookie cutter
- X from alphabet puzzle (like this wooden one or one of the foam ones)
- X alphabet block
- X letter magnet
- xerox paper
- something with the X-men on it, or an X-men action figure
- xiaosaurus dinosaur (we have a picture of one in a book we have about dinosaurs)
Words with X in them:
- fox (stuffed animal, or maybe you have a copy of Fox in Socks)
Have any other show and tell letter X ideas? Please be sure to share them in the comments below! Oh, and if you’re looking for show and tell ideas for other letters then check out my post that includes them all.