My series on show and tell letter of the week ideas continues today with show and tell letter w ideas.
General Show and Tell Tips:
- Look through your kid’s stuffed animals and action figures. Sometimes you can find a character whose name starts with the letter that you need.
- Look through your child’s books. You might find a book with a title that begins with the letter that you need
- When all else fails have your kiddo take in an alphabet block with the letter on it or a an alphabet letter magnet.
- My son once took in a picture that he colored from a coloring book. The picture was of something that started with the letter of the week and he loved showing off his artwork during share time.
And this won’t help you think of anything but this last tip will help keep you out of a bind-
My #1 Show and Tell Tip
Set a reminder on your phone for the night before show and tell.
That way you won’t forget and scramble to find something in your car while you wait in the drop off line for school. Yes, yes that did happen to me. Don’t be me. You’re better than that!
Show and Tell Letter W ideas:
- waffle (see if your kiddo has one in his or her play food)
- wallet (without the money of course)
- wand (magic wand, bubble wand, fairy wand)
- worm (maybe you have a Glow Worm?)
- Where’s Waldo? book
- wart hog (like Pumba from Lion King or The Lion Guard)
- water buffalo
- woolly mammoth
- Winnie the Pooh
- Woody from Toy Story
Have any other show and tell letter W ideas? Please be sure to share them in the comments below! Oh, and if you’re looking for show and tell ideas for other letters then check out my post that includes them all.