My series on show and tell letter of the week ideas continues today with show and tell letter w ideas. Hopefully there is something here in the list of 85 ideas that will spark an idea for you and your kiddo.
Beyond just giving you letter W show and tell ideas I wanted to be sure to mention a few show and tell tips that apply for every letter.
General Show and Tell Tips:
- Look through your kid’s stuffed animals and action figures. Sometimes you can find a character whose name starts with the letter that you need.
- Look through your child’s books. You might find a book with a title that begins with the letter that you need
- When all else fails have your kiddo take in an alphabet block with the letter on it or a an alphabet letter magnet.
- My son once took in a picture that he colored from a coloring book. The picture was of something that started with the letter of the week and he loved showing off his artwork during share time.
And this won’t help you think of anything but this last tip will help keep you out of a bind-
My #1 Show and Tell Tip
Set a reminder on your phone for the night before show and tell.
That way you won’t forget and scramble to find something for W show and tell in your car while you wait in the drop off line for school. Yes, yes that did happen to me. Don’t be me. You’re better than that!
Show and Tell Letter W ideas:
- waffle (see if your kiddo has one in his or her play food)
- waffle cone
- wallet (without the money of course)
- wand (magic wand, bubble wand, fairy wand)
- water bottle
- worm (maybe you have a Glow Worm?)
- Where’s Waldo? book
- wiffel ball
- whale shark
- wart hog (like Pumba from Lion King or The Lion Guard)
- water buffalo
- Woody Woodpecker
- woolly mammoth
- Wonka Bar
- walnuts (check about nut allergies first)
- Wheat Thins
- watering can
- Wonder Woman
- Webby (from Duck Tales)
- Winnie the Pooh
- Woody from Toy Story
- weather (we have a really cool kid’s weather book)
- Wii U game or controller
- witch hat
- wedding photo
- Wasabi (from Big Hero 6)
- Wheezy (from Toy Story)
- Wasp (from Antman and Wasp)
- Wylie Coyote
- walkie talkie
- Wild Krats
- water beads
- wooden blocks
- Wikki Stix
- wheel (we have a bunch from our Lego sets)
- Werther’s Originals candy
- Watch Ya Mouth board game
- Wild West Round Up card game
- world (world map or globe)
- Wildcraft! board game
- Wit’s End Junior Edition
- Wordplay board game
- wind sock
- wookie (like Chewbacca from Star Wars)
- Wilson (from Chuggington)
- Waldorf (from Muppet Babies)
- Washington (map, postcard, etc.)
- West Virginia (map, postcard, etc.)
- Wisconsin (map, postcard, etc.)
- Wyoming (map, postcard, etc.)
- Wales (map, postcard, etc.)
- Walt Disney World (map, souvenir, shirt)
- Wahn (from Raya and the Last Dragon)
- Winnie the Pooh
- The Wiggles CD
- Wade (from Elemental)
- Wind in the Willows book
- Whistle for Willie book
- Where the Wild Things Are book
Have any other show and tell letter W ideas? Please be sure to share them in the comments below! Oh, and if you’re looking for show and tell ideas for other letters then check out my post that includes them all.
Letter W Video
You and your kiddos will love this Sesame Street video about the letter W.
More Fun with Letter W
For more fun for your Show and Tell W week you may enjoy this Sesame Street W Video.