We are inching closer and closer to the end of this letter of the week show and tell series which is good because we are inching closer and closer to the first day of school and I have a goal to be all done with this series in time for all you new preschool parents to have this series as a resource! Today I’m sharing ideas for show and tell letter I.
General Show and Tell Tips:
- Look through your kid’s stuffed animals and action figures. Sometimes you can find a character whose name starts with the letter that you need.
- Look through your child’s books. You might find a book with a title that begins with the letter that you need
- When all else fails have your kiddo take in an alphabet block with the letter on it or a an alphabet letter magnet.
- My son once took in a picture that he colored from a coloring book. The picture was of something that started with the letter of the week and he loved showing off his artwork during share time.
And this won’t help you think of anything but this last tip will help keep you out of a bind-
My #1 Show and Tell Tip
Set a reminder on your phone for the night before show and tell.
That way you won’t forget and scramble to find something in your car while you wait in the drop off line for school.
Yes, yes that did happen to me. Don’t be me. You’re better than that!
Show and Tell Letter I Ideas:
- ice cream
- ice cream scoop
- ice (from Don’t Break the Ice game)
- infant (baby doll)
- Incredibles toys (from the movie The Incredibles/The Incredibles 2)
- illustration (have him or her draw something and bring it in!)
- bar of Ivory soap
Have more fun with letter I with these free printables:
Want show and tell ideas for all the other letters? Check out my HUGE list of Show and Tell Ideas from A to Z.
Got any more show and tell letter I ideas? Please share them in the comments below!