I’ve been slowly working away at these David and Goliath activities for preschool and elementary for a while now and I’m finally done with it!
This mini-pack of free printables features activities to help children learn the story of David and Goliath found in 1 Samuel chapter 17. The activities will also help them practice important preschool skills too.
This pack features 15 pages of activities:
- Story Sequencing Pages– This is a great activity to review the story and practice cutting and pasting.
- A Coloring Page– I like to give my Sunday school class a coloring page to go along with the story.
- Letter Focus Pages– These pages provide a little practice with recognition and formation of letters D, S, and G.
- A Key Bible Verse Page– For each Bible story I like to pull out a verse for my kids to focus on. I took part of verse 47 to simplify it a little for them.
- Missing Letter Page– This page provides a little more practice with letters as well as some words from the story.
- Pre-Writing Tracing Pages– Younger preschoolers benefit from working with tracing lines like this. Have them do it with markers, crayons, paint, etc. for some variety.
Get the David and Goliath Activities
You can get the David and Goliath PreK Pack here. It is free for your personal non-commercial use in your home or Sunday school class.
More Fun Resources:
One of my kids’ favorite Veggie Tales movies is Dave and the Giant Pickle. There are lots of giggles each time a sheep falls over.
Only A Boy Named David is such a fun song. Sing and do the motions with your kids. You can find it on Youtube.
If you’re looking for a good Bible for your child I highly recommend the Read with Me Bible for Toddlers for kids that are 2-3 and The Jesus Storybook Bible for 4-5 year olds. We use both with our children and absolutely adore them. Both relate Bible stories in a way that our children enjoy and are perfect lengths for their attention spans.
Be sure to check out my other Preschool Bible printables on the Printables page.