This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PurinaDays2018 #PurinaDays #CollectiveBias
Spring is here… ish… at least the spring rains are here. With all the rain comes the mud and our adorable little dog Lucky brings it all in with him. I learned early on in having a dog that I don’t like mopping all the time so I figured out a few tricks to keep my dog from tracking mud into the house. This morning I’m sharing my tips with you all along with a fun little DIY dog paw towel and some important info about saving some money on your pet supply needs.
While you’re focusing on your spring clean up be sure to clean up on all the deals during Purina® Days at Tractor Supply Company this March. This is the 5th annual Purina Days event at Tractor Supply Company and it’s a great opportunity to stock up and take advantage of some great savings. Tractor Supply Company is a one stop shop for all your rural needs including pet food and has the best prices for Purina products.
I love that you can bring leashed pets into the store with you! It makes it such a fun experience.
I recently stocked up on some food and other items I needed for my dog. I bought Purina ONE® SmartBlend® Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food and Purina® Pro Plan® Chicken & Rice Wet Dog Food along with a new bed and bowls for Lucky.
I love that real chicken is the first ingredient in both and they feature high quality ingredients with a great taste that my dog loves.
There is a free standing insert in the paper with some great deals running 3/28-4/2. For the Purina ONE® SmartBlend® Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food 40-lb. bag that I bought you can save $5. For the Purina® Pro Plan® Chicken & Rice Wet Dog Food 13-oz. can there is a special offer to buy a large bag and get 2 cans free. Be sure to check out the insert and your local store for special in-store pricing and offers for Purina Days.
So here are my tips for keeping your dog from tracking mud all over your house this spring:
Have one entrance in and out of the house for your dog. This limits the clean up to one area.
Have a washable rug at the door. The rug can catch a good deal of the mud and prevent it from going further into the house.
Have a paw towel (or 2!) hanging at the entrance that your dog uses. You can make a few pretty cheaply using terry cloth. Here’s how I make mine:
- Wash and dry 1/4 yard of terrycloth. Trim the edges so that it measures exactly 9 inches X 45 inches.
- Fold the rectangle in half width-wise, from one of the short sides to the other.
- Pin and sew along the short end that is open and one of the long ends.
- Trim the sewn corners.
- Turn the towel right side out (so that the seams are inside). Cut a piece of ribbon long enough to go all the way around the front and back of the towel. Place it about 4 inches from the bottom. Pin and sew it into place, sewing near the top and the bottom of the ribbon.
- Turn the towel inside out again.
- Fold the top edge of the towel down 1/4 inch, then fold it down 1/4 inch again so that the raw edge is hidden. Pin and sew all along the top edge, all the way around.
- Turn the towel right side out. Cut a piece of ribbon. Fold the ribbon in half and pin it in the top corner of the towel. Sew it down into place. I cut mine 10 inches which made a loop large enough for what I need to hang it onto but if you are going to hang yours on a doorknob or something else you may need to cut a bigger piece of ribbon in order to make a bigger loop.
Teach your dog to sit when he or she comes in so that you can easily clean off muddy paws. Keep some little treats in a jar near the door if this helps.
You can slide their paws into the the towel and give them a good wipe before they go any further into the house.
Happy spring! Let me know how you deal with the mudddy paws in the comments below and be sure to check out Purina Days at your local Tractor Supply Company!