This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CampbellSavings #CollectiveBias
I hate be a Debbie Downer… but summer is not going to last forever. Summer is more than half over for us and we’ll be starting school in a few weeks. In anticipation of the craziness that back to school brings I’m adding some easy meals to my meal plan rotation. Today I’m sharing the recipe for my Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup.
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 can of corn (drained)
- 1 jar of Pace Thick and Chunky Salsa (24 ounce)
- 1 can of light red kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can of tomato sauce (8 ounce)
- 1.5 pounds of frozen chicken breasts
Now prepare yourself for one of the easiest recipes ever-
- Put the chicken breasts into the slow cooker.
- Put everything else on top of the chicken breasts.
- Put the top on the slow cooker and program it to cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
4. Once it is done take 2 forks and shred up the chicken.
5. Serve with whatever fixings you like. My kids like to top theirs with sour cream, cheese, and tortilla strips.
The real lynch pin to this recipe is the Pace Thick and Chunky salsa. It adds a great Southwest kick to the soup. The salsa is made with hand picked vegetables and I love how I can use one ingredient to bring so much flavor to this dish.
I picked up my Pace Thick and Chunky salsa while shopping at Walmart.
I also picked up some V8+ Energy Black Cherry to sip on while I cooked. With a combined serving of fruit and veggies it’s nutritious and tastes like fruit. The green tea in it provides natural energy. Perfect for starting out those busy school mornings.
Right now Campbell’s wants to help you prepare for Back to School. They are offering great coupons for discounts on Pace Salsa, Prego Italian Sauce, Campbell’s Chicken Noodle Soup, and V8 at Walmart. Be sure to check it out!
Do you have a go-to recipe to help in busy times like Back to School?