I took the boys blueberry picking last week and had a blast.
We put our blueberries to good use making some muffins. I loosely based this recipe off of one from Taste of Home. Here’s what I came up with:
Blueberry Citrus Muffins
- 1 cup of quick cooking oats
- 1/4 cup of orange juice
- 1/4 cup of grapefruit juice
- 1 teaspoon of orange zest
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 3 cups of bread flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 cups of fresh blueberries
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Mix oats, juices and zest. Then mix in the oil and eggs.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Add to oatmeal mixture.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups with batter up to 2/3 of the way full. Mix topping ingredients together and sprinkle over the top of the muffins.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes until they are light brown on top.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.