In continuing on with our toy-based show and tell series I’m sharing my list of 43 toys that start with R. I’m sharing this in the hopes that it can help some of you moms and dads out there to come up with an idea or two for your preschooler.
In my show and tell posts I included anything that I could think of that a family might have on hand for a child to take in for show and tell but I know that sometimes the assignment is just limited to toys that start with the letter of the week.
So I’m making a new series that’s all toys and I’m challenging myself to come up with even more toys than were on my original lists. I went through my kids’ toys, thought about their cousins’ and friends’ toys, and even walked the toy aisle scouring for ideas.
If you have some toy ideas to add to the list please let me know in the comments below! I’m probably missing something totally obvious!
- If you get stuck try to think of names of characters that you might have a toy of… dolls, action figures, stuffed animals, etc.
- If you’re looking at this list for ideas for a weekly toy-focused show and tell then set an alarm for the night before to remind you about it. This way you’re not scrambling the morning of looking for something.
Toys that Start with R
- rice (from a play food set)
- reindeer (maybe you have a Sven from Frozen or Rudolph?)
- race car
- Robin (Batman’s sidekick- we have a bunch in our Imaginext toys and Legos)
- Rapunzel (from Tangled)
- Robin Hood
- Rex (from Toy Story)
- Roo (from Winnie the Pooh)
- Rabbit (from Winnie the Pooh)
- R2D2 (from Star Wars)
- radio (my kids adored the little wind up radios like this one)
- roller skates
- Raya from Raya and the Last Dragon
- red panda
- red fox
- Recue Bots
- rubik’s cube
- toy rake
- raspberry (from a toy food set)
- railroad pieces from train set
- roach from toy insects set
- rugby ball
- rolling pin from play kitchen
- Rey (from Star Wars)
- Russell (from Up)
- Remy (from Ratatouille)
- Rubble (from Paw Patrol)
- Rocky (from Paw Patrol)
- Red Riding Hood
- Rainbow Fish book
- Rolly (from Puppy Dog Pals)
- Risk Jr. board game