It’s the Friday before Thanksgiving! Eeek. I don’t know about you but I feel like that really snuck up on me. I’ve been doing Christmas shopping and I’m almost done but maybe you aren’t. Just in case you need some ideas I thought I’d provide a few gift ideas for some of the people in your life based on some of the people in my life. Here’s some things that may or may not be under our Christmas tree this year.
[one] For Her
- Lespri Necklace from Three Angels Haiti– These beautiful necklaces support the wonderful cause of orphan care in Haiti. Fun jewelry that supports a great cause is always a win in my book.
- Nikon D3300– A DSLR has been on my list for some time. This one has excellent reviews.
- Kate Moss Collection Lipstick by Rimmel– I just bought this in #107 and it’s a perfect red for me. Obviously which shade you choose will vary depending on the girl you’re buying for but I love the look and consistency of this matte lipstick. I don’t spend a ton of money on makeup and stuff for myself so I love to receive it for gifts.
- Kate Spade Gold Striped Thermal Mug– I am not a coffee drinker but I do like a warm hot cocoa and I’d love to have something like this for sipping on in the school drop off line in the mornings this winter.
- Dr. Teal’s Lavendar Bath– I love this. Again, it’s one of those little indulgences that I don’t buy for myself but I love it.
- Fossil Explorer Shoulder Bag– Guys, if you have a girl like me who has gotten sick of carrying around a diaper bag for the past 5 years and wants a real bag but still has a bunch of kid stuff to carry and needs a crossbody so that she can hold little hands while crossing the street then this is the bag. It’s gorgeous and I may have tried this on in the Fossil store more than once.
- Tile– I don’t know about you but I am constantly losing things. I blame it on my sons. Things just move. My friend Nancy has these tiles and it’s so neat. These little bluetooth trackers can help you find your phone, keys, whatever goes missing.
- Sapphire & Diamond Earrings– When in doubt, go for something sparkly.
[two] For Him
1. Roku Stick– We have this and it enables us to watch Amazon Prime on our TV. You could bundle this stick with the gift of Amazon Prime or Netflix for a year.
2. Lifeline Water Bottle– My husband loves this water bottle. This thing is huge. 64 ounces. And he loves that it’s so big. He fills it up with water and ice before bed at night and the ice lasts all the next day. The bottle also does not get condensation on the outside. It’s pricey but it has been his water bottle dream come true.
3. Oontz Bluetooth Speaker– My husband loves to have music playing in the house and having a bluetooth speaker enables us to play music from our iphones over the speaker. Since this is portable we can take it anywhere in the house.
4. Nike Ohio State T-shirt– If your guy is a sports guy, apparel to support his team is always a good idea, especially if he likes the style of it.
6. Digital Indoor HD Antennae– We cut the cable cord some time ago and got Amazon Prime. But my husband loves college football and so this enables us to see a lot of the games.
7. Ryobi One Tool Kit– One by one my husband has been collecting tools in the Ryobi One series and he loves that they all work off of the same battery. If your battery from one tool dies, you just switch it out for the batter from one of the others while that one charges.
8. Interstellar-Lots of DVDs go on sale on Black Friday and I’m hoping this one does too because it’s high on my husband’s list.
[three] For Preschoolers
- Razor scooter– This is number one on my 4 year old son’s list and he will be so excited when he opens this present from my mom.
- Batcave– My little guy loves the Dark Knight and will love this set. He has played with it a few times at Kohls and there is a newer version at Target but he likes this one better and I do too.
- Batman Lego Set– In keeping with the Batman theme he has admired these lego sets in the store and we have so much fun building together.
- Lego Supplement Box– As much as I love the themed sets I think it’s fantastic to have a lot of bricks on hand that kids can use to create as they feel inspired.
- Christmas PJs– I’m sure this might change some day but right now my boys love having fun pajamas. We will give these to them Christmas eve.
- Basketball Hoop– Our son is starting to enjoy more organized sports and we think it would be fun to shoot around as a family in the evenings.
- Amazon Fire Kid’s Edition– We had an unfortunate incident in which our ipad was broken and so we thought this might be a wise investment at this stage in our parenting game. Our son has been sad since the ipad broke and I think he’ll be delighted to have his own tablet.
- Critter Clinic– We sometimes visit my friend’s church and the nursery there has this toy, which has captured my son’s attention for some time. He’s only seen it briefly when we take his younger brother to the nursery but he loves keys and animals so I think it’ll be a hit.
[four] For Toddlers
- Steam Train, Dream Train– My baby (yup, still my baby at 2) wants nothing more than to cuddle up and read these days so we are looking to build up his book collection this Christmas.
- Richard Scarry’s Best Little Board Book Ever-I love books so I want to fill our boys’ shelves with so many of them. Both boys love Busytown but we don’t have this one yet.
- Mickey Mouse Giant Coloring Book– He’s a huge fan of coloring lately and big books like this come in handy especially in the winter time.
- Triangular Big Crayons– Can’t have coloring books without crayons and I love these especially for littles.
- Christmas PJs-Yup, I make them match. It only happens 3 times a year, but this is one of those times. He loves to be just like his big brother anyway so he doesn’t mind at all.
- Radio Flyer Racer– He loves his brother’s bike and begs to ride it so we hope he likes a set of his own wheels.
- Mickey Walkie Talkies– Our boys are going to love running around getting into mischief with these.
- Dr. Kit– He is really getting into pretend play and so I think he will enjoy giving us all check ups.
[five] For Grandparents
- Keurig– I hardly ever know what to give my parents or my in-laws but this is one that we give my inlaws and they love it. We own one and I think it’s great for when you have people over and everyone can have what they want because they can each make their own kind of coffee or cocoa or tea. This plus some k cups of their favorite drink make an excellent gift.
- Custom House Portrait– Shh! Don’t tell anyone, but I may give my parents and my in-laws paintings of their homes. If I can get my act together I plan to do them myself. I’ve done a few in the past but it’s been a long time so we will see. If you don’t want to do it yourself there are a ton of talented people on Etsy who can do it for you.
- Socks– I kid you not, my mother asked for socks for Christmas. Sometimes moms just don’t take the time to take care of themselves and you gotta do it for them. Maybe your mom has something practical she could use too?
- Thomas Jefferson and the Tripoli Pirates– My dad is a big reader and lover of history so I always try to get a few books for him for Christmas.
- Family Tree Picture Frame– When in doubt, go with a sentimental frame and pictures of the grandbabies.
- Dansko clogs– So my mom casually mentioned to me a couple of years ago in the Fall that her feet were hurting her and that she asked someone if these shoes were really comfortable and they said yes. But then she hesitated at the price. So I went home right away and ordered these shoes for her to give her for Christmas. And yes, she tells me they truely are super comfy. That’s why you see nurses and teachers wearing them because they are always on their feet. Again, I know shoes are totally a necessity but sometimes I think necessities are the nicest gifts because we don’t always invest in ourselves so a quality necessity is a great gift in my opinion.
- Custom Calendar– Every year I make a calendar of pictures of the grandkids from the prior year and the grandparents and great-grandparents eat it up. I always make mine through Sams Club minus one year when I printed it and bound it myself and let’s just say that was so stressful I am going back to Sams.
- Starbucks Giftcards– Or any gift card, really. My mother-in-law enjoys Starbucks but she doesn’t treat herself to it very often so we like to give her giftcards to make her treat herself.
Need more help for the littles? Check out this gift guide I made for my baby when he turned 2.
Hope you all have a great weekend and try to relax while getting into all the Thanksgiving preparations and Black Friday shopping.
I’m linking up with: