Happy Friday! If you’re anything like me and a lot of other people this is the time of year when we really start to think about getting fit. In order to do so there’s a little bit of gear needed… and let’s be honest cute workout gear helps motivate me a little. This morning I’m sharing some of my favorite fitness gear and some things I’ve got my eye on with you!
[one] Shoes & Socks
You gotta have good shoes. But that doesn’t mean they can’t be cute.
- Traditionally I have had mostly New Balance running shoes and I love them. Currently I have my sights set on these New Balances as my next pair.
- These These Nike Women’s Flex Running Shoes are totally tempting me with their soft, cushy look.
- What can I say? I love New Balance.
- My most favorite of running socks are the ones that wick the moisture away from you and Thirty48 Running Socks have an amazing material that does just that.
- Never underestimate the power of a little extra cushioning for your feet! These ASICS Cushion Low-Cut Socks look like they provide a good amount to keep you on your feet longer.
- My sister got me these Under Armour socks for Christmas and I highly recommend them.
- When doing things I don’t like (no, I don’t like working out) I find it helpful to approach things with a sense of humor. And this tank perfectly described me as a runner.
- When it’s cold I like to layer up and my favorite long-sleeve laying piece is this Under Armour Women’s Tech Top. It does a great job of wicking the moisture away which is really important for staying warm.
- If you are running outside this Under Armour Tank is bright and reflective, perfect for keeping you safe.
- When running in cold weather (it does happen occasionally) I like to wear a light vest instead of a jacket. Mine is older so I can’t find a link but its similar to this Quilted Running Vest.
- After a nice workout it’s nice to slip something cozy on for the cold walk to the car. This North Face is similar to a jacket I have and would do the job well.
- I also have a jacket like this Nike Avenger and I wear it sometimes as an outer layer.
- The Nike Lady Tempo Running Shorts are the best running shorts I own. I love them!
- I got these Champion Women’s Absolute Workout Capris last year and I really need to get a few more pairs in some other colors. They are the perfect length and have just the right amount of stretch/support.
- Since I love the capris so much I should really invest in the full length version. And as much as I love the fun patterns I’ll probably play it safe and get black again.
- I migrate indoors when it gets cold but for running out in the cold these Under Armour HeatGear Leggings seem like a great option.
- I tend to play it safe sometimes but I’ve really loved all of the more bold workout clothing options coming out lately like these Under Armour Capri Pants.
- These Old Navy shorts are super cute and they are currently on sale.
- A good sports bra is essential when working out and this Nike Womens Pro Compression Sports Bra is my favorite of all the ones I have.
- I love my Fitbit. It challenges me to try to beat my step count each day and I love having something measurable to push for.
- A cute gym bag is essential for lugging clothes to the gym. I like this Orla Kiely Shoulder Bag.
- I cannot stand hair in my face during my workouts. When I see people run with long hair down it drives me nuts. Well, it doesn’t really bother me that they do it but the thought of me trying to do it is just gross to me. Non Slip headband like these Braided Non Slip Grip Headbands are critical to me not feeling gross. My current ones are plain so I am putting these on my list to upgrade to.
- When I do venture out into the cold to run I always wear cover my ears with a fleece headband. Mine is older but it’s similar to the Turtle Fur Fleece Headband.
- I don’t know about you but I’m one of those girls who actually sweats so I have to take a towel with me to the gym to deal with all the sweat. These Fit Spirit Microfiber Towels do the job and they come in pretty colors.
[five] Non-food Indulgences
I find it helpful to indulge in little luxuries to reward myself for working so hard.
- I like to take nice hot showers and occasionally a bubble bath. My favorite for a bubble bath at the end of the day is Dr. Teal’s Lavender Foaming Bath.
- Painting my nails always makes me feel pretty especially when workouts take a toll on my feet. Essie is my favorite and this deep plum is gorgeous for this time of year.
- To pamper my feet even more I wear slippers around the house. I have multiple pairs of ones like these fur boot slippers from Target. Right now you can get 10% off of these and other clearance clothing, shoes, and accessory items using the code EXTRA10.
- When not working out I like to have comfortable lounge clothes. I have a pair of these Gilligan & O’Malley pajamas (in a different pattern) and I love them.
- I try to spend more time actually using all the skincare and beauty products that I have. This St Ives Scrub + Mask is the scrub and mask that I’ve found works best with my sensitive skin.
- A fun outfit that you feel good in. I know my jeans are a little snug right now and something like this dress and some tights make an outfit that hides a few flaws and makes you feel good. I’ve got a few like this but I really love the stripes on this one.
What are your fitness favorites? I’d love to hear all about them in the comments.
Want more fashion fun? Check out these posts:
Linking up with: