Hello and Happy Friday! I hope you’re having a wonderful week. It’s been busy busy busy here and given the time of year I’m sure you have been busy too! I’m looking forward to the weekend and slowing down. Here’s what I’m loving this week (well, one of them is not a love):
I feel like the Christmas season has started for us! I bought the fabric to make stockings 3 years ago and last week I finally got around to making them. On Monday I shared the full Christmas stocking tutorial if you’d like to make your own. I promise, it doesn’t really take 3 years for most people. Just me.
Speaking of Christmas… I also whipped up some festive Christmas Cookie Pops to give to some friends. My husband now wants me to make some for coworkers. They were easy so I don’t mind.
[three] Just Breathe
This song has been a favorite for this busy season.
[four] The Snowy Day
The show! The other day my husband went on to Amazon to put on a show for the boys and we discovered that they made Ezra Jack Keats’ The Snowy Day into a cartoon. It’s super cute and my boys love it. And Boyz II men sing throughout it so it’s kinda awesome.
[five] Gilmore Girls Revival
(SPOILER ALERT in case you haven’t seen it!) This is the one that is not a love. This is not a favorite. And usually I try to be upbeat and share favorites but I know many of you are fellow Gilmore Girls lovers like me so I had to talk about it with you. Here are my random thoughts. Please tell me what you’re thinking in the comments!!!
- I loved Emily’s story line.
- Luke and Lorelai’s story was ok. I loved their ending and some of the moments between them felt like old times.
- Why in the world did we have to watch Stars Hollow the Musical for like 20 minutes????
- Rory. Do the Sherman-Palladinos hate Rory??? I thought she should struggle some but they drove her career into the ground and the choice that she and Logan made to see each other despite being with other people does not feel like one they would have really made. It just doesn’t make sense based on where they left off after the original series and how callous they seemed about it.
- I cried during the funeral flashbacks. Richard was one of my favorites.
- It didn’t feel the same. I know, that’s hard to replicate. And there were glimpses of it at times, but much of it was awkward, or too slow, or just awful. Overall it left me sad.
And on that happy note, I wish you a good weekend 🙂
Linking up with: