This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TryMembersMark #CollectiveBias
As a mom I see quite a lot of laundry. If I let it go too long I find it to be overwhelming. Sometime after kid #2 came along I developed a cleaning and laundry schedule. By doing a little each day, I keep the laundry dragon at bay and I don’t get overwhelmed any more.
Here’s what my laundry schedule looks like:
Some other laundry tips that help me are:
- Use a quality detergent. But know that quality doesn’t have to be expensive! Member’s Mark® Ultimate Clean Liquid Laundry Detergent from Sam’s Club will leave clothes fresh and clean but doesn’t cost nearly as much as some other brands. You can find it in the Laundry Detergent aisle. It features an Ultimate Clean Technology that fights stains at any temperature setting.
2. Have a laundry basket for each family member. While I fold my laundry I also separate it out for each family member and load the folded clothes up into their baskets.
3. Enlist your kid’s help! Kids of many ages can help with sorting and folding. Depending on their age kids can help fold, match socks, or put their clothes away once folded.
4. Make labels. I have a preschooler who helps put away his own clothes. I labeled his drawers to help him remember where to put them.
5. Set a timer. My laundry is in our basement so I can’t hear the little chime when the washer and dryer are done. So when I come upstairs I set the time on my phone so that I know when a load of laundry is done. This enables me to keep things moving. This is especially helpful for times when like last week when we came home from vacation and had not done laundry all week long.
Have you tried Member’s Mark Ultimate Clean Liquid Laundry Detergent? What tips do you have for conquering the laundry pile? Be sure to share them in the comments below! I love hearing what works for others. Some of the best ideas are the ones we borrow from friends.