I used to be one of those people who could not eat fruit in their salad. Strawberry salads still gross me out but for some reason oranges get a pass. I put oranges in my Cheater’s Oriental Chicken Salad. And I love it.
Today I’m sharing another salad that is a take on one that my mother-in-law makes. This makes a great side salad in the summer and my boys especially love anything with fruit in it.
Orange Blueberry Salad
- 1 head of iceburg lettuce, chopped
- 2 oranges, peeled and cut into sections
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup of blueberrries
- 3 tablespoons of orange juice (I squeeze some from another orange)
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- fresh ground pepper
Whisk together the orange juice and red wine vinegar. Slowly add in the oil while whisking. Then add in the rest of the dressing ingredients. Toss the salad ingredients in a bowl and dress.
So where are you on this whole fruit in salad thing? Do you love it? Am I the only one who is a little particular about it?