Ever since St. Patrick’s Day, my thoughts have turned toward Easter. At each holiday now I am trying to provide my sons with a wide assortment of books to help them better understand the holiday and to enrich their experiences. Here are the Easter books that we’re loving:
1. God Gave Us Easter-This is my favorite one of all! It really strikes a great balance between celebrating all the festive parts of Easter without skipping out on the importance of Christ’s death and resurrection. This beautiful conversation between a little bear and his Papa bear helps my son to understand some difficult things, such as why Jesus had to die and how we even as adults do not like death, but that out of death comes life. “Because God gave us Easter, we can be a part of Something Bigger- and even though we talk to Jesus now, in heaven we will see Jesus face to face.” There are other books in this series featuring these same bears and we will definitely be buying some of them.
2. Pete the Cat: Big Easter Adventure– My son loves hunting for Easter eggs. We do it pretty much year round around here. So a book about a cat who fills in for the Easter bunny and helps with all things eggs is right up his alley. I love that the emphasis is on helping others and not just getting a big old Easter basket full of goodies.
3. Easter In The Garden-This book was recommend by MOPs in their magazine a few months ago. It was a little difficult to track down, but I’m glad we did. The story of Jesus’ death a resurrection is told through the eyes of a little boy who was the son of the gardener. It’s not graphic, the boy doesn’t actually witness the crucifixion or anything, he hears about it from his parents, but he does witness the angel telling the women at the tomb that Christ was alive. I love that the story is told from the little boy’s perspective, as I think my son relates well to it.
4. Hopper’s Easter Surprise– My son loves this sweet little story about a rabbit who wants to be the Easter bunny. The illustrations (paintings?) are gorgeous.
1. Where Are Baby’s Easter Eggs?– My children adore Karen Katz, and this lift-the-flap board book is no exception.
2. Oh, Bother! It’s the Easter Bunny!-Another fun lift the flap book that my kids love.
3. 10 Easter Egg Hunters: A Holiday Counting Book– This book keeps baby’s interest, but my preschooler likes this one too. He loves to find the eggs on each page.
4. Spot’s Easter Surprise– Our baby loves the colorful pictures in this one.
Do your kids have any favorite Easter books?
(Please note: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which means that if you click on a link and make a purchase I will receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting the blog! Read my disclosure policy here.)